Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just Call me Babelfish

So we are taking down our Christmas tree and am groovin' to the latin beat of "Gypsy Kings". I love to sing along to spanish songs and i'm in my prime today. Never mind that I can't speak a lick o' the language. I just make shit up. "Yo quiero Taco Bell....fajita burrito, chimichanga-a-a-a-a-a.....feliz navidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"""""" and here comes the chorus, "Guacamole, guacmole, guacamole, cha cha cha, carnitas, burritas, fajitas, GUACAMOLE.......CHA CHA CHA" Never mind that there is no such thing as a "burrita", unless it is a female burrito, I just don't want stuff to rhyme. I sing pretty much the same words to every spanish song, and I'm a really fly girl to be able to sing in spanish like that. I throw in a little flamenco move here and there, and you would NEVER freakin' know that I'm not singing the right words. I amaze myself sometimes, at the diversity and depths of my talents.

Not nearly humble enough, in Huntington Beach, I remain, The Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment